Are you ready for our spookiest, scariest, and tastiest recipe of the year? You’ll scare up some fun on Halloween when you serve this creatively decorated Ghost Cake Roll. Combine our decadent, crimson Red Velvet Cake Roll with midnight black cookies and ghost-white frosting to create an unforgettable dessert for your monster bash. It’s sure to take your Halloween celebration to the next level, and it’s easier than it looks!
Make this Wickedly Easy Ghost Cake Roll
- Dutch Apron® Bakery Red Velvet Cake Roll
- White buttercream frosting
- 1 sandwich cookie
- A tube of black frosting
- 2 thick pretzel sticks
- Place the cake roll vertically on a circular serving plate.
- Spread the buttercream frosting around the cake roll with an offset spatula, if you have one, until the cake is completely covered with a thick, even layer of frosting.
- Continue spreading the buttercream frosting down onto the plate. Bring the frosting to the edge of the dish, making it thinner as you go. This makes it look like the Ghost Cake Roll is floating on the plate.
- Take the two pretzels sticks and cover all but the last inch of them in a thick layer of white frosting.
- Push one pretzel stick into each side of the cake roll to make the ghost’s arms. Be sure to get them in there as firmly as possible. Cover any visible parts of the pretzel with more frosting.
- Separate the sandwich cookie in two halves – top and bottom. Remove any filling from the cookie pieces.
- Cover both cookies in black frosting then make a large dollop of frosting on the back of both cookies.
- Stick the cookies on the center of the cake roll to form the eyes. Make sure the side with the extra frosting is used to connect the cookies to the cake roll.
- Lastly, make the mouth from the remaining black frosting. Draw an oval shape between the two eyes with the frosting and fill it in.
Your guests will scream with delight when they see this adorably spooky Ghost Cake Roll! It’s a hauntingly sweet treat that no one will be afraid to take a bite out of. There’s no tricks here, just treats!