Add a touch of decadence to your celebration this February 14th when you share your homemade Red Velvet Truffles. Guaranteed to delight, these tempting treats are made with real cream cheese, moist red velvet cake, and two kinds of chocolate. Perfect for sweethearts, coworkers, and best friends alike because everyone deserves a little love on Valentine’s Day.
Create Your Own Red Velvet Truffles to Share with Someone Special
- 1 Dutch Apron® Bakery Red Velvet Cake Roll
- 1 bag of red candy melts
- Milk chocolate melting wafers
- White chocolate melting wafers
- Take the Red Velvet Cake Roll out of your freezer or refrigerator and let it thaw for 15-20 minutes.
- Place the cake in a blender, put on the lid, and turn it on high. Blend until the cake is thoroughly mixed with the cream cheese frosting.
- Scoop the mixture into uniform balls and place them in a large mixing bowl or on a baking tray.
- Freeze the balls for one hour.
- Once the balls are chilled, take them out of the freezer and roll each one in the palm of your hand to create a nice, smooth surface.
- Prepare the red candy melts following the instructions on the packaging.
- Dip each cake ball into the melted red candy using a fork. Tap the fork on the edge of the ball to remove any excess coating; this helps give the truffles a smoother finish.
- Slide the cake ball off the fork and onto wax paper to harden. Repeat with the remaining cake balls.
- Prepare the milk chocolate melting wafers following the instructions on the packaging.
- Take a piping bag and fold over the top. Place the piping bag in an empty glass to keep it upright.
- Pour the milk chocolate into the piping bag. Twist the top of the piping bag tightly, so the chocolate doesn’t leak out.
- Snip the tip off the piping bag. Just cut a small amount off to start with.
Tip: You can test to see if this is the size of the drizzle you want by squeezing some of the chocolate out of the bag into a bowl. If you want the drizzle thicker, you can cut a little more off the tip.
- Start squeezing the chocolate over one of your truffles while rapidly moving your hand back and forth. Continuing doing this until each truffle has milk chocolate drizzled over top.
- Repeat steps 9-13 with the white chocolate melting wafers.
- Let the Red Velvet Truffles completely harden before serving.
Fall head over heels in love with a new, bite-sized treat this Valentine’s Day. These indulgent Red Velvet Truffles are a simple yet thoughtful dessert to share with your significant other or to give to someone special. Just don’t forget to save a few for yourself! Once you give them a try, you’ll have the start of a new Valentine’s Day tradition.