Add a festive touch to your Halloween celebration with this easy recipe for Jack O’ Lantern Cake Pops. The cake balls are made with a Pumpkin Cake Roll and cream cheese frosting to give them a pop of fall flavor. Just add the orange coating and draw on their signature faces for a traditional, Halloween look or bring the whole family in and have a pumpkin cake pop decorating contest! It’s a great activity to help everyone get in the Halloween spirit.
Learn How to Carve Up Your Own Jack O’ Lantern Cake Pops
- 1 Dutch Apron® Bakery Pumpkin Cake Roll
- 2 pkg. orange candy melts
- Lollipop sticks
- Black icing
- Green icing
- Take the Pumpkin Cake Roll out of the packaging and set on the counter to thaw for 30 minutes.
- Once thawed, break off or cut up pieces of the Pumpkin Cake Roll and place them into a large mixing bowl. Then, using a mixer on medium speed, beat until thoroughly mixed.
- Use a small cookie scoop to make uniformed balls. Roll them between your hands to finish rounding them out. Place on a cookie sheet and put them in the refrigerator to chill for at least one hour.
- Prepare a small amount of the candy melts by following the instructions on the packaging. Once the melts are ready, remove the cake balls from the refrigerator.
- Take the lollipop sticks and dip the tips into the orange candy melt. Dip them in about 1/3 inch. Then insert each stick halfway into the cake balls. Place the cake pops back into the refrigerator to firm up for about 2-3 minutes.
- Melt the remaining orange candy melts according to the package directions. Dip each cake pop into the candy coating, making sure you fully submerge them all the way to the stick. When removing from the candy, gently swirl the cake pop to remove any excess coating. This ensures you get a smoother finish.
- Place cake pops into a cake pop holder or a Styrofoam block until the coating completely hardens.
- Once hardened, paint on the Jack O’ Lantern faces with black icing.
- Finally, add a stem to the top of your pumpkin cake pops using the green icing.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you want to sweeten up the spookiest night of the year, these delightful, easy-to-make Jack O’ Lantern Cake Pops are exactly what you need. They’re perfect for a Halloween costume party or just as a tasty treat for those special trick-or-treaters. With these in your cauldron of goodies, you are sure to be the must-visit house this Halloween.