Take your favorite campfire dessert to a whole new level with our S’mores Cake Roll. It combines all the classic s’more ingredients, from melted chocolate to toasted marshmallows, to create a decadent treat that’s perfect for any summer celebration. The best part? There’s no campfire required.
Toast a S’mores Cake Roll for Yourself
- Dutch Apron® Bakery Chocolate Crème Cake Roll
- Chocolate frosting
- 1 container hot fudge
- 2 large marshmallows
- 2 graham crackers
- 3 chocolate biscuit sticks
- 2 toothpicks
- Take your cake roll and place it on a serving platter.
- Cover the entire cake roll with a thin layer of frosting, leaving the swirl at both ends exposed.
- Prepare the hot fudge according to the package directions.
- Carefully, drizzle the hot fudge over the top of the cake roll, letting it drip down both sides.
- Take 2 large marshmallows and toast them. You can use your stove top or a kitchen torch if you have one.
REMINDER: Always be extremely careful when working with an open flame.
- Once they have cooled, place one toothpick partially in the bottom of both marshmallows. Use the remaining portion of the toothpick to stick the marshmallows into the top of the cake roll.
- Just behind each of the marshmallows, stick a single graham cracker into the cake roll. Be sure to place them at an angle, so you have some space between the crackers.
- Lastly, in the space between the graham crackers, insert three chocolate biscuit sticks into the cake roll.
A delicious twist on everyone’s favorite summertime dessert, this S’mores Cake Roll is the perfect way to celebrate summer. It’s a stylish take on the traditional childhood treat and is guaranteed to win over your dessert-loving family from the very first bite. Now, you can enjoy the taste of s’mores any day of the week.