Looking for an Independence Day dessert that’s as festive and exciting as a fireworks show? Our Star-Spangled Skewers are always guaranteed to shine. These skewers are full of sweet Strawberry Cheesecake Cake Roll pieces, fluffy marshmallows, and juicy blueberries. Because, as we all know, it isn’t the 4th of July unless everything is decorated in red, white, and blue. The best part? They come together in no time for a fresh, summertime treat that’s perfect for serving at a barbeque, picnic, or potluck.
Light Up the Night Sky with Your Own Star-Spangled Skewers
- 12 skewers
- 1 Dutch Apron® Bakery Strawberry Cheesecake Cake Roll
- 1 bag of giant marshmallows
- Take your Strawberry Cheesecake Cake Roll out of the fridge or freezer. While it’s still cold, cut the cake roll into multiple 1-inch slices.
- Cut each slice into 4 pieces for your skewers.
- Start layering the first 5 skewers. The order should be giant marshmallow, cake roll piece, marshmallow, cake roll, marshmallow.
- Complete these skewers by topping them each with 6 blueberries. These will make up the left section of the flag.
- Layer the remaining 7 skewers. The order will be marshmallow, cake roll, marshmallow, cake roll, marshmallow, cake roll, marshmallow, cake roll.
- Lay them out on a serving tray of your choice, so the colors line up and it resembles the American flag.
- Serve and enjoy!
Every Independence Day celebration needs a showstopping dessert. When you serve a tray of Star-Spangled Skewers, you can be sure that fireworks won’t be the only thing on display this Independence Day. Sweet, simple, and perfectly patriotic, they’re a fun holiday-themed dessert and are guaranteed to effortlessly impress at any event.