Summer entertaining would not be complete without a beautiful charcuterie board to share with family and friends. Charcuterie boards are a simple, effortless way to impress at your summer gatherings and are loved by all. Take the best produce the season has to offer and all its vibrant colors and pile it high alongside a variety of cheeses and desserts. It’ll quickly become your go-to appetizer for all summer get togethers.
How to Create the Perfect Summer Charcuterie Board
You don’t need to include everything in the list below, but these are some ideas to help get you started crafting your own, personal summer charcuterie board.
- 1 Dutch Apron® Bakery Lemon Crème Cake Roll
- 1 Dutch Apron Bakery Strawberry Cheesecake Cake Roll
- Bite-sized snack cakes, in a variety of colors
- Various summer fruits (pineapple, strawberries, cherries, black berries, etc.)
- Mild cheeses
- Assortment of multi-grain crackers
- First, get a board that’s big enough to pile all your food items on. It doesn’t need to be fancy or special; even a baking sheet or cutting board will work.
- Start by adding elements that help to anchor the board like small dishes and the cheeses. Remember to cut the cheeses into thin slices or bite-sized cubes.
- Add in the desserts. Make sure these are cut into small enough slices or pieces that they can all fit on the board while also making them large enough for guests to easily grab.
- Layer in the fruits, granola, and nuts. There should be a little bit of everything on all areas of the board, so your colors and textures juxtapose nicely.
- Fill in with your crackers.
- Add the yogurt and other dips or spreads to the dishes you put on the board earlier.
- Fill in any remaining gaps with fresh herbs or the remaining fruit.
- Finish your board off with small utensils like mini forks, tongs, spoons, and spreaders.
Whether it’s the Fourth of July or a simple evening with loved ones, you’ll be the summer hostess with the mostess when you bring out this spectacular, summer-inspired charcuterie board. It’s made with fresh ingredients and your favorite seasonal cake rolls, so you can enjoy all the great flavors the season has to offer. Easy to make, with little preparation required, our summer charcuterie board is the perfect hors d’oeuvre for guests to graze on throughout your whole event. Soon, you’ll wonder why you ever served anything else!