What better way is there to usher in a new year than with a series of delectable desserts? Start your new year off with an explosion of great flavors when you serve one (or all three) of our New Year’s Eve desserts. Each recipe features a favorite, seasonal Dutch Apron® Bakery Cake Roll flavor and comes together in just minutes. It doesn’t matter who is on the guest list; these New Year’s Eve desserts definitely won’t disappoint. So, get those party hats on, put out the noise makers, and get ready to indulge in sweet, sparkling treats as you toast to the year to come!
Pick Your Recipe!
1. Ball Drop Cake Balls
Everyone loves bite-sized desserts at parties. Make your countdown to midnight even sweeter when you serve these Ball Drop Cake Balls. Packed with pumpkin flavor and real cream cheese frosting, it’s an easy-to-make dessert that’s festively decorated for the occasion.
2. Sparkling Mini Parfaits
If you’re going deluxe for New Year’s Eve this year, these Sparkling Mini Parfaits will fit right in. Elegant and easy to assemble, this holiday indulgence is filled with a wonderful combination of flavors. Top with sparklers when you serve it for an extra festive New Year’s Eve feel.
3. White Chocolate Champagne Fondue
If you’re looking for something to bring to a friend’s gathering or just want to make your at-home celebration a little more special, fondue is always a crowd pleaser. Made with rich, creamy white chocolate, heavy cream, and just a little champagne, it’s a delicious way to ring in the new year. The fondue may be the star of the show, but, remember, it isn’t complete without fresh fruit and indulgent cake roll slices for dipping.
What You’ll Need to Make these 3 New Year’s Eve Desserts
- A medium mixing bowl and mixer for the Ball Drop Cake Balls.
- A cookie or ice cream scoop to form the cake balls. Using one of these will help to ensure each ball is uniform in shape and size.
- Several piping bags, a plain tip, and an open tip to pipe the layers of your Sparkling Mini Parfaits.
- Tall, clear glasses will be used to layer and serve the parfaits to your guests.
- A fondue pot or slow cooker for keeping your White Chocolate Champagne Fondue warm and melted throughout your New Year’s Eve party.
- Fondue forks so guests can coat their chosen sweets in your delicious dip.
Ring in the New Year with Ball Drop Cake Balls
The best way to keep cake pops fresh is to vacuum seal them before placing them in the freezer. This helps them retain their moisture without becoming soggy. If you don’t have a vacuum sealer at home, not a problem! Wrap each cake pop in plastic wrap then wrap them in aluminum foil. Whichever method you choose, you then place them in a sealed container. In the refrigerator, they will last roughly one week. In the freezer, they can last up to a month.
Servings: 24 Ball Drop Cake Pops
- 1 Dutch Apron® Bakery Pumpkin Cake Roll
- 2 pkg. bright white candy melts
- Lollipop sticks
- Black, silver, and gold sprinkles for decorating
- Take the cake roll out of the package and let thaw for 30 minutes.
- Once the Pumpkin Cake Roll becomes pliable, break off pieces of it and place into a large mixing bowl. Use a mixer to beat on medium speed until thoroughly mixed.
- Use a small cookie scoop to make uniform balls. It is best to use your hands to finish rounding them out. Put on a cookie sheet and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least one hour.
- Warm up a small amount of the candy melts according to the package directions. Once the candy coating is melted, remove the cake balls from the refrigerator.
- Dip the tip of each lollipop stick (about 1/3 of an inch) into the melted candy. Then insert about halfway into the cake balls. Place back in the refrigerator to firm up for 2-3 minutes.
- Melt the remaining white candy according to package directions. Dip each cake pop into the candy coating, making sure to fully submerge to the stick. While removing, gently swirl to remove any excess coating from the cake pop. This helps to ensure you get a smooth coating.
- Finally, decorate the cake pops with sprinkles. Work quickly before the candy hardens. Hold the stick and rotate the cake pop as you sprinkle to ensure you cover the whole pop. Once complete, return them to the cookie sheet, stick up, to harden.
Add Some Sparkle to Your Celebration with Sparkling Mini Parfaits
If you have leftovers, place them in an airtight container, like a mason jar, and keep them in the fridge. Typically, they will last 3-4 days when stored properly. When serving, include extra, fresh fruit on the side.
Tips for Making Sparkling Mini Parfaits
- If you are not a fan of dragees, you can replace them with sanding sugar in silver and gold instead.
- If you are crunched for time, skip the homemade and turn to store-bought pudding and fudge topping from the ice cream isle. The fudge will replace the chocolate ganache.
- 1 Dutch Apron® Bakery Chocolate Crème Cake Roll
- 2 pkg. vanilla pudding or custard (prepared according to package directions)
- 1 c. (8 oz.) heavy cream
- 2, 4 oz. semisweet chocolate baking bars, finely chopped
- Raspberries or other fruit
- Silver dragees
- Whipped cream
- Gold pearlized sugar sprinkles
Note: If you choose to omit champagne, replace it with additional heavy cream.
- Make the chocolate ganache filling.
- Place the chopped chocolate in a medium, heat-proof bowl.
- Heat the cream in a small saucepan over medium heat until it begins to gentle simmer. Do not let it come to a rapid bowl!
- Pour the cream over the chocolate. Let it sit for 2-3 minutes to gently soften the chocolate.
- Stir very slowly until completely combined and the chocolate has melted. The finer you chop the chocolate, the quicker it will melt with the cream.
- Let sit at room temperature to cool and thicken. You can place in the refrigerator but make sure you stir it a few times, so it remains even and smooth.
- Once cool, place into a piping bag with a plain tip.
- Once cool, place into a piping bag with a plain tip.
- While the ganache is cooling, get your cake roll from the freezer. Cut it into 1-inch chunks.
- Spoon the pudding or custard into a piping bag with an open tip.
- Assemble the parfaits.
- Start by piping pudding into the bottom of the glasses.
- Next, layer 3-4 pieces of Chocolate Crème Cake Roll.
- Then, pipe a layer of chocolate ganache.
- Sprinkle in silver dragees and raspberries.
- Repeat layers as necessary to fill up your glasses.
- Garnish with whipped topping and gold pearlized sugar sprinkles.
Dip Away the Night with White Chocolate Champagne Fondue
White Chocolate Champagne Fondue can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. When you’re ready to serve, reheat in the microwave in 15-second intervals, stirring each time, until completed melted. Or reheat on “warm” setting in a fondue pot or slow cooker.
- 1 Dutch Apron® Bakery Red Velvet Cake Roll
- ½ c. white chocolate chips
- 3 squares of white baking chocolate
- ½ c. heavy whipping cream
- 3 TBSP champagne
- Fruit: strawberries, raspberries, pineapple chunks
- Sprinkles or sanding sugar for decoration
- In a saucepan, stir the chocolate chips, chocolate squares, and cream over low heat until smooth. Then, stir in the champagne.
- Transfer the mixture to a fondue pot or slow cooker. Turn it on the “warm” setting.
- Before serving, garnish the fondue with sanding sugar or sprinkles.
- While still frozen, cut the cake roll into squares for easy dipping.
- Serve with cake roll slices, fruits, or other sweets!