At Dutch Apron® Bakery, we think sprinkles make celebrations taste better. That’s why our Sprinkle Cake Roll may just be the ultimate party dessert. Beautiful on the outside and full of flavor on the inside, this cake roll is the perfect addition to any party, and it’s very easy to do. You don’t need to be a cake decorating expert to recreate this vibrant dessert; you just need a lot of sprinkles.
Create Your Own Spectacular Sprinkle Cake Roll
- Dutch Apron Bakery Lemon Crème Cake Roll
- Buttercream frosting
- Colored sprinkles
- Cut the cake roll in half.
- Take your cake roll and place it vertically on a serving platter.
- Cover all sides, except the bottom, in a thin layer of buttercream, leaving the swirl at both ends exposed.
- Place a heavy coating of sprinkles on top of the buttercream.
- Take a handful of sprinkles and, starting at the bottom of the cake, pull them upwards onto the frosting.
- Don’t apply too much pressure when you do this. Just let the sprinkles fall out of your hand so they stick to the cake.
Tip: Be sure to do this while the frosting is still “wet”, or the sprinkles will not stick as well.
- Get the sprinkles on as quickly as possible so the icing does not dry before you are finished coating the cake.
- Place the cake roll horizontally on the dish.
- Cover any exposed icing with the remaining sprinkles.
- Finally, remove the excess sprinkles from the serving platter.
Add some glamor to your dessert table when you serve a Sprinkle Cake Roll. This tender, lemon-flavored cake has fun, festive flair in every slice. It’s the ultimate treat for the ultimate sprinkle lover that you can create in your very own kitchen. Now, making a gorgeous dessert for your next celebration will be a piece of cake.