The leaves are turning color and the air is getting crispier which can only mean one thing…fall is on its way! And what better way to celebrate the start of the season than with a dessert that’s full of pumpkin flavor, both inside and out? That’s why we’re introducing you to our recipe for Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes. These mini treats are overflowing with your favorite fall flavors. With each bite, you’ll enjoy the richness of cream cheese blended with warm, pumpkin and spice. Perfect for holiday celebrations, festive events, or quiet family dinners by the fire, these mini cheesecakes are sure to be the star of your fall menu.
More Pumpkin Recipes for Your Fall Menu
Our no-bake Pumpkin Trifle is just as elegant as it is delicious with layers of Pumpkin Cake Roll slices, gingersnaps, whipped topping, and pumpkin mousse. It’s a simple yet stunning dessert that you can make ahead of time when you’re planning to entertain guests.
Jack O’ Lantern Cake Pops
The cake balls are made with a Pumpkin Cake Roll and cream cheese frosting to give them a pop of fall flavor. Just add the orange coating and draw on their signature faces for a traditional Halloween look or bring the whole family in and have a pumpkin cake pop decorating contest! It’s a great activity to help everyone get in the Halloween spirit.
Pumpkin Pecan Cake Roll
In this holiday specialty, two Thanksgiving classics come together to form one decadent dessert. The Pumpkin Cake Roll makes for an incredibly moist and flavorful base while the piped cream cheese frosting gives it an extra touch of elegance. Finally, the honey-glazed pecans are the finishing touch that makes this dessert truly irresistible.
What You’ll Need
- To form and set your mini cheesecakes, you’ll need a cupcake tin and liners.
- A stand mixer and bowl to mix the ingredients for your no-bake pumpkin cheesecake filling. Alternatively, you can use a large mixing bowl and a hand mixer.
- Both a small and large spatula will be needed to finish mixing the cheesecake filling and spread it into your cupcake tin.
- Optional: Use a 1 1/2” biscuit cutter to make extra-mini Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes.
To keep your Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes tasting their best, it’s important to store them properly. These delicious desserts can be made ahead of time, making them a fantastic option for stress-free entertaining. They can also be enjoyed for several days after the event if you have leftovers. Simply store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They can last up to three days in the fridge.
Tips for Making Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes
- If you’re adding the whipped cream or any other toppings, wait to do so until right before you’re ready to serve. This will ensure the toppings stay fresh, so your guests can enjoy the mini cheesecakes to the fullest.
- To get a really clean cut with your biscuit cutter, coat it in flour or spray it with a non-stick cooking spray. That way it won’t tear apart your cheesecake, and you’ll end up with a nice, professional-looking dessert.
- Want to add even more delicious, fall flavor to your mini cheesecakes? Drizzle on some salted caramel for an extra layer of indulgence.
Learn to Make Best-of-the-Patch Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes
Servings: These delicious mini autumn treats serve approx. 7-8 people.
- 1 Dutch Apron® Bakery Pumpkin Cake Roll
- Whipped cream
- Pumpkin cheesecake filling
- 12 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1 c. canned pumpkin, solidly packed
- 2 c. whipped cream
Create the Crust
- Take the Pumpkin Cake Roll out of the packaging and let sit on the counter to thaw for 15-30 minutes.
- Slice the cake roll into ½” slices. Remove the top layer of cake and filling from each slice of cake roll. This would leave you with the inner layers of cake and filling. Re-roll those inner pieces into a tight circle of cake and filling. It just needs to be small enough to fit into the bottom of the cups in your cupcake tin.
- Tip: It’s okay if the cake breaks or cracks during this process.
- Place the cake roll circles into the bottoms of your lined cupcake tin cups. Flatten each one down using the back of a ¼ c. measuring cup, or a similar tool.
- Repeat until all your tin cups have a crust.
Make the No-Bake Cheesecake Filling
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy. This should be about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, salt, vanilla extract, powdered sugar, and pumpkin. Beat until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Finally, use a large spatula to fold in the whipped cream.
Fill the Cupcake Tin Cups
- Take 3 tbsp. of the no-bake pumpkin cheesecake filling and put it on top of the crusts in the cupcake tin.
- After all the cups in the tin are filled, bang the tin on the counter to allow the filling to get to the bottom and settle.
- Then, take a small spatula and even out the tops of the filling.
- Place the tin in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours or in the freezer for 30-40 minutes. Top with whipped cream before serving.
Want Your Mini Cheesecakes Even Smaller?
- After your cheesecakes are fully set, take them out of the refrigerator/freezer and remove the liners.
- Place each one on a cutting board. Using a 1 ½” round biscuit cutter, you’ll press down into the very center of your cheesecakes. Gently shake the cutter back and forth to ensure the excess pieces are fully separated from the remainder of the mini cheesecake.
- Carefully, pull the biscuit cutter off the Mini Pumpkin Cheesecake. Repeat with each cheesecake.
- Top with whipped cream before serving.
This simple recipe for Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes is sure to steal the show at all your seasonal gatherings. Their size makes them ideal for individual servings, and they can be made ahead of time which means you can impress your guests with delicious, fall-inspired treats without the stress. So, whether you’re hosting Thanksgiving dinner, a cozy family meal, or just treating yourself, these mini cheesecakes are guaranteed to sweeten all your special fall moments.