If you’re in need of a delicious treat that will please a crowd and can come together in just minutes, you need to try Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars. Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are soft and chewy; they have the perfect crunchy edges and are filled with an abundance of semisweet chocolate chips. Who wouldn’t want more treats like that in their life?
Even better, these cookie bars only required one ingredient: a package of Dutch Apron® Bakery Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. After letting the cookie dough thaw, all you need to do is spread it in a pan and bake. No need for measuring out portions or shaping individual cookies. Now, you can make any occasion, big or small, even more remarkable all while enjoying the classic taste of chocolate chip cookies.
Want More Cookie Dough Recipes?
Try our Triple Chocolate Peppermint Cookie Sandwiches! Chocolate and peppermint are one of winter’s most popular flavor combinations. Now, it’s available in cookie form. These cookie sandwiches are made from two rich, decadent triple chocolate cookies that are sandwiched together by a fluffy peppermint-flavored buttercream filling. Top with a milk chocolate drizzle and crushed peppermint pieces for a treat that’s sweet, refreshing, and beautiful.
What You’ll Need
- To bake the Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars, you will need a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- You will line the baking pan with parchment paper to prevent the cookie bars from sticking. If you don’t have any parchment paper, you can use foil instead.
When stored in an airtight container, Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars with keep for about 3 days at room temperature. To prevent them from losing their moisture, transfer them to the airtight container as soon as they have completely cooled. This will keep your bars softer for longer.
Tips for Making Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- The cookie dough will need to thaw before you can spread it out in the pan. We recommend putting the cookie dough brick in the refrigerator overnight. This will keep the cookie dough cool but still allow it to soften and become pliable.
- Make sure to line your baking dish with parchment paper before adding the cookie dough. Using just butter or oil can result in the bars getting stuck to the bottom of the pan and falling apart when you try to remove them.
- If you like to have a little something salty with your something sweet, add a sprinkle of sea salt on top of the cookie bars just after baking. The sea salt will intensify the chocolate and create a contrasting sweet-and-salty flavor profile that takes this simple treat to the next level.
How to Make the Perfect Pan of Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 1 pkg. Dutch Apron® Bakery Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Line a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Thaw the cookie dough brick until pliable; it’s best to put it in the refrigerator overnight. To speed up the process, you can cut the brick in half and let it thaw at room temperature for a few hours.
- Place the cookie dough in your pan and use your fingertips to gently spread it out until it covers the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick in the center and have it come out clean. Edges should be golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely. Cut into bars before serving.
Skip the measuring, mixing, and scooping and make your chocolate chip cookies in a pan instead! This Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars recipe is exactly what you need for those last-minute moments when you’re asked to bring a pan of bars to share with a group. They have all the taste of a chocolate chip cookie but with even more gooey, chewy, chocolatey goodness. Also, they require much less work. Consider serving them warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top for an even more delicious way to “Sweeten Life’s Special Moments”.