If there’s ever a party where you can pull out all the stops, it’s New Year’s Eve. After all, it is your last chance to reflect on everything that happened over the last year and celebrate what is to come. As we get ready to bid farewell to the old and welcome the new, let’s start by turning the ordinary into the extraordinary with our recipe for New Year Cake Push Pops! These fun, festive treats layer moist chocolate cake, decadent crème filling, and gold and silver sprinkles into convenient push pop containers. They’re unique, effortlessly impressive desserts that are sure to steal the spotlight at your upcoming, end-of-year festivities.
More New Year’s Eve-Inspired Desserts
Ball Drop Cake Balls
Everyone loves bite-sized desserts at parties. Make your countdown to midnight even sweeter when you serve these Ball Drop Cake Balls. Packed with pumpkin flavor and real cream cheese frosting, it’s an easy-to-make dessert that’s festively decorated for the occasion.
Sparkling Mini Parfaits
If you’re going deluxe for New Year’s Eve this year, these Sparkling Mini Parfaits will fit right in. Elegant and easy to assemble, this holiday indulgence is filled with a wonderful combination of flavors. Top with sparklers when you serve it for an extra-festive New Year’s Eve feel.
White Chocolate Champagne Fondue
If you’re looking for something to bring to a friend’s gathering or just want to make your at-home celebration a little more special, fondue is always a crowd pleaser. Made with rich, creamy white chocolate, heavy cream, and just a little champagne, it’s a delicious way to ring in the new year.
What You’ll Need
- Cake Push Pop Containers are what you’ll use to layer your ingredients and make the push pops. Each package should come with lids and sticks, so they’re easy to pack and take on the go for your next New Year’s Eve party.
- These containers can be found and ordered online. This is the link to the ones we used for this recipe: 24 Pack Cake Push Pop Containers.
- To cut your cake into circles, use a 1.75” round cookie cutter. Alternatively, you can use the end of your push pop container to cut the cake into circles.
- For layering on the frosting, you’ll need a piping bag with a tip of your choice.
If you make your New Year Cake Push Pops ahead of time, place them in the refrigerator or freezer with the lids on. The containers are airtight which helps seal in moisture and will keep them fresh for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator or 3-4 weeks in the freezer.
Tips for Making New Year Cake Push Pops
- Give your cake roll plenty of time to thaw before beginning to unroll it. A frozen cake and its filling are stiff and hard to separate while a warmer cake roll is easier to manipulate and won’t break into pieces as easily.
Make Your New Year’s Eve Party Pop with these Cake Push Pops!
Servings: 1 Chocolate Crème Cake Roll will make approx. 6 New Year Cake Push Pops.
- 1 Dutch Apron® Bakery Chocolate Crème Cake Roll
- Assorted gold and silver sprinkles
Prepare Your Cake Roll
- Take the Chocolate Crème Cake Roll out of the packaging and let it sit on the counter to thaw. You want it close to room temperature before continuing.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and place the cake roll on it. Gently, unroll the cake. Scrape off all the crème filling from the cake roll and put it in a bowl for later.
- Once the filling has been removed and the cake rolled flat, use a cookie cutter or the ends of your push pop containers to cut out as many circles as you need.
Assemble the New Year Cake Push Pops
- Take the filling you set aside earlier and place it in a piping bag that has been fitted with your choice of tip.
- Place one cake circle at the bottom of your push pop container. Then, pipe a layer of frosting; the thickness of this layer is entirely up to your preference. Finally, add some assorted sprinkles.
- Repeat step 5 two more times until you have 3 layers in total, alternating between cake, frosting, and sprinkles.
- Repeat steps 5-6 to make as many New Year Cake Push Pops as you need.
Prepare to Serve
- Before serving, add the sticks to the bottom of the containers, so your guests can enjoy their New Year Cake Push Pops to the fullest!
- When you’re ready to present, you can place the lids on top of your push pops and place them upside down on a tray, or you can use a stand or decorative Styrofoam block to hold them in place.
Whether you’re hosting a grand party or enjoying an intimate gathering this New Year’s Eve, these New Year Cake Push Pops are sure to add a touch of whimsy and a whole lot of sweetness to your celebration. The layers of chocolatey goodness paired with smooth crème filling and topped with a burst of sprinkles will make every bite a moment to savor. The best part? These push pops are more than just a dessert; they’re a fun, portable way to indulge in the joy of a New Year’s toast.
Here’s to a year filled with delightful surprises, memorable moments, and, of course, plenty of sweet indulgences. Wishing you a Happy New Year filled with all the sweetness life has to offer!