There is something incredibly comforting about the rich aromas of full-flavored espresso and smooth, decadent chocolate. Now, imagine a dessert that combines the best of these two flavors. That’s what you get with our recipe for Cappuccino Swirl Bars. These bars blend the bold bitterness of espresso with the creamy flavor of cream cheese and rich cocoa to create an irresistible dessert perfect for coffee and chocolate lovers alike. It’s a great tasting, easy-to-make cookie treat that is sure to leave a lasting impression wherever you bring it.
More Cookie Dough Recipes
Chocolate Chip Cookie Snack Pans
Snack pans are the perfect scholarly desserts, combining the classic flavors of chocolate chip cookies with a bright, fun apple buttercream design. These adorable pans feature Dutch Apron® Bakery’s soft and chewy Chocolate Chip Cooke Dough which are baked and topped with colorful, sweet buttercream frosting. They’re not only delightful to look at; they also taste incredible.
Oatmeal Cranberry Lemon Meringue Cookie Cups
Are you searching for a sweet and tangy treat that’s perfect for any occasion? Look no further than these Oatmeal Cranberry Lemon Meringue Cookie Cups! With their soft and chewy oatmeal base, tart cranberries, zesty lemon curd filling, and quick meringue topping, these bite-sized delights are an absolute crowd pleaser.
Triple Chocolate Peppermint Cookie Sandwiches
These cookie sandwiches are made from two rich, decadent triple chocolate cookies that are sandwiched together by a fluffy peppermint-flavored buttercream filling. Top with a milk chocolate drizzle and crushed peppermint pieces for a treat that’s sweet, refreshing, and beautiful.
What You’ll Need
- To make the bars, you’ll need a 9×9-inch pan.
- A stand mixer, bowl, and paddle attachment are needed to mix the ingredients for your cream cheese and espresso mixtures. Alternatively, you can use a large mixing bowl and a hand mixer.
If you made your Cappuccino Swirl Bars ahead of time or have some left over, you’ll want to ensure they stay fresh for as long as possible. To maintain their texture and flavor, cover the pan with foil and store in the refrigerator. They will be good for up to three days.
Tips for Making Cappuccino Swirl Bars
- The cookie dough will need to thaw before you can spread it out in the pan. We recommend putting the cookie dough brick in the refrigerator overnight. This will keep the cookie dough cool but still allow it to soften and become pliable.
- If you want to make sure your Cappuccino Swirl Bars come out of the pan without any issues, consider using a cooking spray that contains flour or sprinkling flour in the bottom of the pan after spraying it. This will make lifting the bars out of the pan much easier.
- To cut perfectly even squares every time, grab a ruler and a toothpick. Hold the ruler next to the bars, and mark along the edge of the bars with the toothpick. These marks will serve as a guide when you’re slicing. Also, use a serrated knife when cutting. This will give your bars sharp edges instead of crumbly, ragged ones.
Impress Your Guests with a Tray of Cappuccino Swirl Bars
Servings: This recipe makes 9 delicious, espresso-infused Cappuccino Swirl Bars.
- 13 cubes of Dutch Apron® Bakery Triple Chocolate Cookie Dough
- Chocolate-covered espresso beans, chopped
- 3 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/3 c. granulated sugar
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. instant espresso granules
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
Prepare the Crust
- Let the Triple Chocolate Cookie Dough thaw until it is pliable. We recommend putting it in the refrigerator overnight. To speed up the process, you can cut the brick in half and let it thaw at room temperature for a few hours.
- Once the cookie dough has thawed, preheat your oven to 325°F.
- Coat a 9×9-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Then, press the 13 cubes of Triple Chocolate Cookie Dough evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Gently spread the dough out until it covers the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until the edges are slightly crisp.
- Allow the crust to cool completely.
Make the Filling
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the softened cream cheese and granulated sugar on medium-high speed until the mixture is smooth and creamy. This should take about 3 minutes.
- Reduce the mixer’s speed to low and beat in 3/4 c. of the heavy cream.
- Increase the mixer’s speed to high and beat until stiff peaks form. This will take approximately 2 minutes.
- Take 2 cups of this mixture and put it into a medium-sized bowl. Set it aside.
- Spread the rest of the mixture evenly over the cooled crust in the 9×9-inch pan.
Add the Espresso Swirl
- Place the remaining 1/4 c. of heavy cream in a small microwavable bowl and microwave on high until it’s just getting warm, about 20 seconds.
- Stir in the instant espresso granules and unsweetened cocoa until they are fully dissolved.
- Place the mixture in the freezer for 10 minutes to cool.
- Beat the cooled espresso-cocoa mixture into the reserved cream cheese mixture you set aside earlier. Mix it on medium speed until it becomes smooth and thick, approx. 1 minute.
- Dollop the espresso mixture over the cream cheese mixture in your 9×9-inch pan.
- Use a spoon to swirl the espresso mixture and cream cheese mixture together, working them to the edge of the crust.
Chill and Garnish
- Cover the pan and refrigerate for 4 hours or until completely chilled.
- Once the bars are thoroughly chilled, slice them into 9 delicious bars.
- Garnish each bar with chopped chocolate-covered espresso beans.
Whether you’re in need of a dessert for a gathering of friends, treating your family to something special, or just looking for a quiet moment of self-indulgence, Cappuccino Swirl Bars are designed to delight and effortlessly impress. The combination of bold espresso, tangy cream cheese, and rich Triple Chocolate cookies creates a blend of flavors and textures that is simply irresistible. It’s this perfect balance that makes them the idea treat for any occasion. Prepare a pan of these bars to share with loved ones or keep them all to yourself; either way, you’re sure to savor every bite.